20090725

Artist - Jacques Vermeersch

I like to go into town every day, so I always park my car at the docks and walk to the main square to meet up with friends. Now, on the way back I usually take the same way because it's the fastest.
For some reason today I felt like taking a small detour, and I am happy I did. I walked past a small open atelier when some older man walked out and invited me to go take a look. I was shown around the place and got to understand his name was Jacques Vermeersch, one of Belgium's finest painter's. After a small chat he proposed to let me join his classes he gives twice a week. I said yes. The man is a legend!










The man is very modest and likes to keep him to himself. I will post up the things we do in the workshops if all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment